Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Maggie's Cough Remedy

 

Everyone I know is sick.  Congestion, sore throat, and the most terrible nagging cough.  Unfortunately, I'm one of the many who have this ailment.  I've been coughing since Dec. 23rd, I've also been waking not only myself up at night, but my husband too.  That's when I decided - it's time to try something.  So here it is.  Did it work you ask?  Well, yes and no.  I've been sleeping through the night - awesome!  As far as daytime, it soothes, but the more I talk (or yell at the kids) the more I cough.  Try it for yourself.


 
The Recipe:
MAGGIE’S COUGH REMEDY
http://nancyvienneau.com/blog/articles/home-remedy/
 
DSC_0012
 
 
My Directions:
 
Ingredients:
 
  • ¼ teaspoon Cayenne
  • ¼ teaspoon Ginger
  • 1 Tablespoon Cider Vinegar (an organic one, like Bragg’s, is preferred.)
  • 2 Tablespoon Water
  • 1 Tablespoon Honey (use a locally produced raw honey, if possible.)
  Directions:
 
  1. Add all the ingredients (cayenne and ginger in cider vinegar, water and honey).
  2. Microwave for 10 -15 seconds (time may vary depending on microwave).
  3. Mix.
  4. Test temperature before using!
 
Take about 1 Tablespoon as needed for cough.
(I used a regular cereal spoon I didn't actually measure it)
 
 
 
http://nancyvienneau.com/blog/articles/home-remedy/
 
 
 
 
My Additions:
 
I didn't have cider vinegar so I used plain old white vinegar.
 
 
My Suggestions:
 
Heat it up slightly - it helps to mix the ingredients (especially the honey) together.
 
 
My Review:
 
Pros:  
  • I had most of the ingredients. (What I didn't I substituted)
  • Worked for me.
  • I think it tastes better than cough syrup.
 
 
Cons:  
  • None
  •  
 
Would I make this again?

Yes.

No comments: