Monday, January 14, 2013

A Pintrest Dinner - Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast!

A new years resolution:  planned meals, more time for myself.
 
Check off two (yes that's right!) 2 things off my resolution list for today.
Have a great meal, without much effort!



The Recipe:
Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast
 

Pinned Image


 

My Directions:

Ingredients:

  • 1 ½ lbs. beef stew meat (chucked)
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
  • ½ cup milk (whole)
  • 4 tsp. minced onion (dry)
  • ¾ tsp. parsley (dry)
  • ½ tsp. onion powder
  • ¼ tsp. celery salt
  • ¼ tsp. garlic powder (just shy)
  • 2 tsp. beef base

 
Directions:
  1. Add meat to slow cooker. 
  2. Add mushroom soup and mix, add milk – mix. 
  3. Lastly, add the dry ingredients and mix. 
  4. Set on high for 3-4 hours.

 P.S. The dry ingredients are dry onion soup mix – I like to use a recipe I pinned (less salt).
You could add up to 2 1/2 lbs. of total meat.  This make a lot of gravy (we like extra!!).
 
My Additions:

I like to make my own onion soup mix. Also, if you read the original recipe, you'll notice I cut down on the meat and half the sauce. This makes the right amount for our family of 4 - with leftovers for my husband to take to work.
My Suggestions:

Let it cook long enough to make sure the meat is very tender.  I like to serve with sauteed green beans and mashed potatoes or Rhodes rolls.  You gotta sop up the gravy!!
Also, use a slow cooker liner - they really work and the clean up is a breeze.

My Review:

Pros:

  • Easy
  • No scrubbing
  • The family loves it!
Cons:

  • None :)
     
Would I make this again?

Sure Would!

No comments: